Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bit off more than you can chew?


Do you ever have days when you seem to have bit off more than you can chew?

I sure do.

When we were at Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, I caught this picture of a Woodstork that had grabbed a hold of what looked like a Gar fish. In subsequent pictures the Stork actually ate the Gar. However, for a bit there it looked like a toss up as to who was winning.

This is how I feel sometimes in life. I get a hold of something, it looks good. It looks like something I want to eat or something I want to do, something I want to have, etc. Then I realize that it is much larger or more difficult or more time consuming or more expensive than I had thought it would be. And there I am, holding on to it because I can not or will not let go. What gets in the way? I truly want it and do not want to let go? Or maybe pride gets in the way? Or maybe stubbornness gets in the way? Maybe, just maybe, I do not know how to let it go, but I want to.

For some reason, I do not think I am the only person that does this. Do you want to know how I deal with it?

I have learned to pray about it. “God, is this really something I am to do? Is this really something you want me to do? Lord, what should I do with this?”

Sometimes, I get answers . . . right away. Sometimes, I get answers . . . but after I have learned the lesson that goes along with teaching. In some cases, I am still learning and have not yet had an answer.

Just a few thoughts to share, hopefully you are better at dealing with such things than I.

No comments: