Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Thanks

As I was looking through some photographs from last fall, I came upon this photograph of a Life-Saving Station on Cape Cod. While the photograph is interesting and it brought back some nice memories of our vacation, it brought to mind something much more important.

Mitch, my husband, and I got to spend Thanksgiving together. There were a number of years that we were very limited in spending Thanksgiving together. We might have supper with family, but Mitch would be working. Or, we might have lunch together with family, but Mitch would be working.

There are many people in the “life saving” area who do not get to celebrate holidays with their families. These include those locally such as law enforcement, paramedics, and firefighters. Then there are those that are defending our country, Coast Guard, Air Force, Army, Marines, and Navy,

To this I could add, doctors, nurses, and others in the medical fields.

So, to each of you who made my Thanksgiving with my husband and our family a nice day, I say thank you. May God bless each of you and your very special family.

No comments: