Saturday, October 4, 2008

Living Today

What a wonderful couple of days. Yesterday, we made a trip up the Flint River with friends. Left in the early morning, went by the new marina and on up the river. We stopped for lunch, just anchored near the edge. Food just seems to taste better on the water. Then we made our way back home. It was quite cool when we started out but by the time we returned home it had warmed up considerably.

This was the first time for our friends, going up the river. Also, going across the open water on the lake was new to them. We saw a few ducks, a couple of Canvas Backs. It is still early times yet before the ducks get here.

Today, I went to a family reunion. It was a side of the family that I had not met before, or at least I had not met most of them. While I go almost every year to a reunion of my maternal Grandmother’s side, this was my maternal Grandfather’s side. There were a number of new people to meet. It was nice.

Seeing the people there relating to each other, young and old, made me reflect on what family means to me. As I did, I thought about the amount of time I have to spend with my family.

I read a post today and the person mentioned “time in a bottle.” Could I bottle up time and just use it sparingly? Can it be a “condensed” version, so that it lasts longer than you think? I am not a greedy person, but I can tell you that sometimes I do get greedy with time. I want more . . . more hours in my day, more days in my week, more weeks in my month. You get the picture!

Instead I just have to make sure I don’t waste any of what I have!

One of the quotes in my inspiration book (the book I put together when I found out I had breast cancer) says, “You may be forced to die young, but whatever you do, don’t die early.”

So, please, make sure you are living every minute of every day.

No comments: