Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yaaaay

Our grandson, William, was working at a small activity table we gave him. When he would get the square object in the square hole, he would say, “YaaaaaY!”

Well, that was me yesterday. I had a “yaaay” day. I was in the right place at the right time.

We took our 16 foot Carolina Skiff, the “Miller Time”, and went for a ride. We rode up Spring Creek. We took the back channels by Silver Lake WMA. We rode over to Jack Wingate’s, a local “fish camp” as it is called around here. (We were going to have lunch there, but as we got off the boat Mitch remembered he did not have his wallet.)

Then we rode back home by way of the “big lake”.

It was a beautiful day. The sky was just an incredible shade of blue. The Cypress trees are turning red. Other trees are turning red and gold.

We saw a number of Coots that have come down for the winter. We also saw a number of Cormorants (they can go back home). They too have come for the winter.

We also saw a number of Anhingas, Great Blue Herons, and White Egrets. These are not unusual to see any time.

I had taken my small point and shoot camera, as I was really just wanting a boat ride. However, after we got going, there were several times I wished I had taken my bigger camera and a long lens.

It was a good fit. Yaaaaay!


No comments: